Candidate direction?

Lets Brainstorm !

Candidate direction?

Postby stilhdr » March 27th, 2011, 4:45 pm

Thanks for welcoming us! Thanks also for letting me know about others who have worked on campaigns. My current campaign is pretty much at the "I feel the need to run for this position". I am brand new to this, so any and all help/direction/guidance/whatever would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks In Advance Everyone!!!

Kevin Earley
stilhdr

Re: Candidate direction?

Postby Anita C. » March 28th, 2011, 3:44 am

Hi Kevin,

For starters, I would become involved locally with a party that is in-line with my values. Most have city organizations and becoming involved, attending their monthly meetings can go a long way to getting your foot in the door for possible support in the future. The local parties have websites that can offer you contact info for city meetings and events. If they do not give you the info, I am sure someone here can provide insight for contacts. I can do some of that.

If you are interested, I can get you in touch with some people that may offer some advice on campaigning.

You would be, after winning the primary, be challenging Linda Lawson of Hammond in 2012. She is deep in the political trenches, and Hammond is D territory, so to start working now, networking, building associations and creating a plan of action is a smart move.

Money, money, money is always an issue in any campaign and you will need to start early on gathering funds. The local party does not have much to give out, so they are not a reliable resource.

There is much to talk about and I am glad you are considering stepping up to the plate in 2012.
Anita C.

Postby stilhdr » April 26th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Anita,

Thanks for getting back to me, I apologize for such a long delay in returning. I am VERY aware of going up against a very entrenched incumbent and that this is a VERY D area. The odds are slim. I have been going to the Hammond Republican meetings and have attended a couple of meetings of the Lake County Tea Party. I am attempting to network as best I can, have been in touch with like minded state politicians as well as the state GOP. I was blessed to be afforded the opportunity to attend the Lincoln Day Dinner here. Was wonderful. As for raising funds, that is certainly in the works, at least getting an account open to accept these. I do feel at this point, that it is all about name recognition. Putting together a strong team, IMHO is paramount. A very tech savvy person would go a long way as far as developing a website, using facebook, twitter and the like.
stilhdr

Postby Anita C. » April 29th, 2011, 7:29 pm

I agree that a web presence is essential and it is never too early to develop a site, make the facebook page and get other Internet sites or associations in place. You can keep them in private mode until you are ready to release them.

I am currently working with a Hammond candidate in the primary. ( I do not live in Hammond but take an interest across the board). Let's hope the Dems do not pull off Operation Chaos, where they vote in the primary for weakest GOP candidate. The Dems have been out-polling the GOP 100 to 1 in Hammond which means that we have much work to do to get out the vote come November. With 100 Dems coming to the polls versus 1 Republican, you can see where the Dems control the outcome of the GOP primary. It is simple for them to vote GOP in the primary to get the fake GOP plant or lead weight GOP candidate in as the winner, to insure another DEM win in Nov..

Stats trend that there are approximately 1000 GOP votes in the Hammond primary. If you see more than 1000 votes in the GOP section, with all of the votes for all the GOP candidates totaled, then you can suspect that the Dems were crossing over in this primary in order to effect the GOP outcome.

On a side note, Northern Indiana Patriots does not endorse candidates. My work, political activism that I speak of here is my own.

Network your rear end off.

I was at the Lincoln Day Dinner also, even received one of those city awards (They misspelled the year from 2011 to some weird 5 digit number. Who is running the quality control department at the Lake County GOP?) I wish that I had known you were attending, I would have introduced myself.

A general piece of advice is to dig deep and get to be as much of an expert on all of the issues effecting your candidacy. You have to be able to speak on the fly with PASSION and solutions.
Anita C.

Postby stilhdr » April 30th, 2011, 5:58 pm

Would have been great to have met at the Lincoln Day Dinner. Ours was a last minute thing, Kim Krull got in touch with my wife and offered us freebies for it, (the only way we could have attended) I am working hard on the education stuff. Sort of like cramming from school!!!! It will be interesting come this primary. We are both working in the 3rd Dist here, so will have a good judge of how many are getting which ballot. Am getting all my ducks in order for the websites, etc. Am looking at sites of other officeholders here in IN to see what looks really good and what is just so-so. I emailed Jim Bratton about soliciting funds from outside my area, as I wasnt really sure about doing that, but he seems to think there is no problem, I do know it is gonna take a bunch of money, probably around $50,000 minimum.

Am for sure doing the networking thing, yes, hoping to stay within the district, but willing to speak and work with ANY GOP folks from anywhere.
stilhdr

Postby Anita C. » May 1st, 2011, 12:35 pm

I know a Jim who has a similar last name.

Who is the Jim you are speaking of?
Anita C.

Postby stilhdr » May 4th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Jim Bratton of Hoosier Patriots
stilhdr

Return to Ideas Category